Sunday, July 2, 2017

Bennetts- Hemlock Hills Ride

I took a late morning/early afternoon spin up at Bennetts/Hemlock Hills. It was hot and not very breezy but beautiful nonetheless. I parked at the Bennetts Pond lot and took the nice single track down the hill. After scurrying across that narrow footbridge on foot, I climbed up the unblazed trail to Hemlock Hills. Truth be told I was huffing and puffing much of the time and stopped a bit here and there to catch my breath. I'm getting old!!

Once on the Red, I veered off on the first new Green (lots of terrain challenges ) then headed up the hill on the second new Green taking it all the way to the Pink. Next, I rode the Pink all the way to the Blue. What a great trail! This was the first time I had ridden the Pink eastward all the way - some serious tight squeezes here and there! BTW - the blazing on the Red, Green and Pink are all excellent - a big thankful to RCC (and Mike M) for a great job at Hemlock Hills!

Finally, I got on the Blue and made my way back out, reconnecting with the unmarked Purple (much easier going down for sure!) and back up to the lot on the same single track that took me in.

It was only early afternoon and I could had ridden more but I was dripping in sweat and tired so this XC weenie headed on home...


Rugged! 
One of my many resting places to catch a breath
(there was a fire pit and big rock to sit on off to the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment