Saturday, July 14, 2018

An Endo, Dog-faced trees and a little Native American flute...

It was hot today but not unbearable like it was mid last week.

Old Mine Park

I started out at Old Mine Park parking in the back and riding all the trails up top. Embarrassingly, while riding pretty fast on a fairly easy trail - I hit a rock and did an endo!! I was too busy looking all around me except for what in front of me on the trail!! OOPs!

 Pequonnock River

I next ventured over to Whitney Ave and rode along the river. I stopped--for a change--at a spot I hadn't visited in some time. This is the first ford - good memories here. My son and I use to bomb down the hill from the rail trail side and try to make it across the water ages ago...
I decided to take the less used White Trail thru the Serengeti - its usually wet but I figured in the heat of the summer it would be bone dry. Man... it was dry but more like a jungle  - the Serengeti should be renamed the Congo these days!!!
I ventured up to the yellow and was rewarded with seeing a new super well-built bridge over the Copper Creek. Bill, Brian and crew rock!!

 Mianus Park

Finally after heading home, I decided to "meander" over to Mianus and just hike and find a semi-secluded spot to play a little Native American Flute.
The first spot was right on the river,,,
...and had a tree burr that looked just like a dog!
I then wandered a bit north and veered of by the river to a trail I don't ride and found a great spot - a rock with a bed of moss.

I propped the cell phone up against my Camelbak on the rock made this mini video...

All in all, a nice day to be outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment