Sunday, August 17, 2014

Retro Day at Trumbull

It's been ages since I posted here. Not that I haven't been riding - it's just that there was nothing new to report. I have been riding Trumbull (pValley), Mianus, Colonie and Luther whenever I had time but today's ride was a bit usual as my FSR XC was busted big time - the H Link cracked and it'll take a month for the part to come in.

So rather than go stir crazy I took a different tact..


Retro

It was a retro day - my bike was a jerry-rigged old hard tail and my phone an old flip phone! Nevertheless it was a fun day and brought me back to then times I rode here with my son ages ago with the same bike and phone!

I took a short rest by the water’s edge at this lovely little spot… maybe some of you know it? You can sit on the tree trunk and there is a root protruding from the riverbank that’s a perfect spot for your feet! The photo is kinda crappy and doesn't do the spot justice!

I ventured down by the river near the old crossing in the middle of the park - right where the Serengeti begins. I was able to walk out on a sandbar (actually gravel) to get this shot. It came out not bad considering it was the flip phone camera.

I of course had to ride up to the Central Maze and do the Yellow Slab Rock section. I found out surprisingly that the heavier hard tail was actually a little easier to ride in spots - there were more lower gears I guess so the hills didn't seem as bad. But the rooty sections were rougher on the butt for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment