Sunday, October 12, 2014

More Trumbull GPSing...

It was crappy weather wise on Sat but I went in late afternoon and hiked while GPS-ing, starting from the south to north this time. Strangely there were some serious connectivity issues at the south end but once I finally got that settled, I trekked the White Trail and returned on the Blue Trail.  By carefully doing each subsection as a separate GPS for a more precision in the Data Sets, I ended up compiling 30 Plus GPSs! I am using a cheapo Verizon tablet and Map My Ride and it is working out very well  - surprisingly!

Here are the results of the Google Composite Map so far (screenshot).

It was nearly dark at the last stretch of the Blue and my plans for doing more of the Secondary Trails didn't happen. My main concern were the trails just north of the Serengeti and the Central Maze trails, Once I get the majority of them on this map, I will post it on the FCNEMBA site and add some details on utilizing the built in interactive features...

No comments:

Post a Comment