Sunday, April 5, 2015

Too Wet in the Valley - Rail Trail It Instead!

Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day - mostly sunny (altho' intermittent clouds) but with a wicked wind.
After parking by the Dog Park and a pleasant hike by Copper Creek, I was anxious to ride but my attempt coming in from Whitney Ave was a disaster. The trails were super muddy. The Coyote Bridge connector to the White Trail was washed out and even the White Trail was muddy and had patches of ice. 

After riding 60 feet or so of the White Trail I realized it was a no-go so I turned around and rode the Rail Trail down to Tait Road. 
It was kind of a nostalgic ride as I use to come in from Tait Road with my young son ages ago when we first started mountain biking in the valley. Even in the barren early spring, the ride is beautiful. You pass by abundance of cascading rocky streamlets and up near the north end you could hear the frogs "peeping" like mad...

On the ride back I snapped a couple of photos. Although the photos portray the Rail Trail as barren - there were actually lots of folks on it enjoying the ambiance.
A muddy bike after a ride is always more satisfying than a clean bike and no ride!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment