Monday, December 11, 2017

A Bit of the Saugatuck Trail

 On my day off on Monday I decided--for a change--to hike a bit of the Saugatuck Trail.


Part 1

I started from a small parking lot on Glen Road right next to the river and hiked on the Blue Trail down to the overlook at the north end of the reservoir. It was hilly but pleasant hike, passing numerous stone walls, remnants of old carriage roads and even a few isolated glacial erratics...

Part 2

I next drove down Rt 53 and found a small lot to park. I hiked north to a large hill that overlooked the lake where a remnants of a house once stood. On the way back down and out, I snuck over to the shore's edge to snap a nice parting shot of the reservoir.

I stitched together a pseudo-panorama -
taken before descending the hill
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

It was fairly sunny all day and I'll be back over the winter months (perhaps with snowshoes if needed) to hike some more of these trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment