Sunday, March 11, 2018

Senior Moment at pValley

It was a beautiful day and I was long overdue for a mountain bike ride. I headed over to Trumbull - Whitney Ave. On my ride in -- after crossing the bridge and heading up to the White Trail -- I was wondering: "Why does my headband keep slipping off my ears? How unusual!"  Suddenly it occurred to me - I forgot my helmet --DUH!!

It was a bit muddy but the ground was solid [not squishy] so I could have gone back to the car and got my helmet but I decided to just ride the rail trail instead.

There were quite a few trees down all across the roadbed and many sections still had an inch or so of soft snow you had to plow into at a fast speed in order not to wobble but all in all, it was a nice ride.
The ice house foundation was clearly visible this time of year
Downed trees
Good view of the Radcliffe Mill ruins 
I was even muddier!

No comments:

Post a Comment