Saturday, July 4, 2020

Endo at Hemlock Hills!

Got up to Hemlock Hills around 9:30 and parked at the lesser known North Shore parking lot.
I took the new reroute up into the park - it was great!
While bombing at triple speed going north on a long downhill on the orange track - I suddenly and completely unexpectedly did an endo and hit the ground pretty hard. I guess my pedal might have hit a rock - all very weird as it was easy double-track!
Well the cure for hurt is of course pretend it doesn't hurt and keep riding... So I keep riding north and turned east on the Blue connector. Being timid and bruised up, I decided to walk the dam section but then rode up to the Green
On the Green, I first went south a bit and then turned around and went all the way north to the Ned Mountain parking lot. Its a fun trail and the weather was simply awesome!

 Trail Blazers!

I rode back south all the way on the Orange double track and saw Mike, Dave and Kathryn busy blazing the new reroute in to the park. They suggested I check out the other new reroute.

I GPSed the new section but here's a rough sketch of where it is (real maps to be updated shortly)
This roller (before the reroute section) looks easy from the side but straight on? kinda narrow...
 The reroute started here - it was awesome. There are some tough spots  (didn't take photos...)

This gnarly tree caught my fancy...

I backtracked on the reroute and encountered the blazers back at the roller.  I made sure to tell them how awesome the new trail was,,,

I then proceeded to the climb up the Green (now back east of the Orange Double track). When I stopped for a breather, this tree looked like there was braille on it!
I keep riding upward and took a breather at the summit of the Green/Blue loop and had a apple.

Finally I sailed on out of the park on the new reroute...
 
..and wondered why my elbow hurt so much. It was now a lumpy bruise and OMG there was blood on my knee :-)  !

Despite the embarrassing Endo  - it was a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment