Saturday, April 24, 2021

Charter Oak Greenway

After riding the Cheney Rail Trail and a tasty lunch of hot chicken wings and a Two Roads Two Juicy IPA - I parked at Charter Oak Park for a bike ride on the Charter Oak Greenway.

I was intrigued by the musical instruments in the Music Garden and of course had to play a few :-)

The Bike Ride

After indulging in the musical garden, I finally started on my ride and headed east towards Bolton Notch. The first section was flat but there was surprisingly a lot of climbing involved!
A few highlights...
The ride along the stream in Charter Oak Park was the sweetest part!
This trail is part of the ambitious East Coast Greenway...
I turned around a bit after doing the loop and bridge over Rt, 534 and bombed the rest of the way back - heck it was 95% downhill!
Google Maps

I shot a few photos once back in Charter Oak Park - it is really lovely....
"Grafitti" 

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"



No comments:

Post a Comment