Friday, June 4, 2021

Great Pond Preserve

Despite the cloudy and humid conditions, I decided to take a hike at the Great Pond Preserve in South Glastonbury....

AllTrails trail map

A profusion of dead cedar trees everywhere felt like I was in Middle Earth!
Ooo Yeah!
I did the Pond View trail today but I'll be back to check out the Kaye Loop...
This short trail needs a bit of trimming!
The pond viewing platform... 
So peaceful and quiet!
There is also a long offshoot trail to the ridge along the Connecticut River
At the ridge
That's the Connecticut River....
It got super hot and humid and I felt like I was walking along ridge forever...
So turned around before the end of the trail and decided to GPS the way back to see how far I went...

Another view of "Middle Earth"  -- Tolkien where are you? :-)


Nice spot - I'll be back for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment