Friday, May 13, 2022

Crow Hill ATV Trails - Portland, CT

After my ride in the woods east of Keeney Street - I ventured down to Portland to explore riding the abandoned RR trail and ATV trails I saw a couple of weeks ago on foot.

Bummer but going east from Williams Street Extension wasn't possible - it's completely overgrown... The AllTrails map was misleading!


After a short unpleasant ride thru the overgrowth I turned around and rode on the trail section west of Williams Street Extension...
...Once I got near the end, I ventured uphill on a prominent old dirt road.
It was uphill FOREVER and this old geezer had to walk some of it :-(
Finally when I neared this house I veered to the left and kept slogging up and up and up...
There's a cement marker here -
Probably a survey property border marker
I continued up straight for a bit (photo above) but finally realizing the uphill goes on forever, I turned around and took the trail to the right (below)
Maybe this old car was as tired of the uphill as I was!
Once back on the railroad bed, it was an easy ride back (even though it was very hot and humid)
Another old relic from yesteryear...
The dinosaurs and mini-golf are have seen better days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment