Sunday, February 4, 2024

Woo Eee - Back at the Valley!

Since I was down in Stamford for a musical event - I couldn't resist stopping at Trumbull on the way back. Its been a couple of years since I rode here and it was a thrill to revisit this spectacular spot.

I was bikeless (for a change) and after parking at the Whitney Ave lot, I hiked in through the super rugged north end (Indian Ledges). It never disappoints!

Of course - Copper Creek!
Bummer - the trail I built a few years back - no longer exists! Huge trees have obliterated it :-(
It was late afternoon and the sun was going down. Here Kevin and I are heading to Turtle Rock.
Another bummer - the sunken boardwalk - man there's a lot of water here now...
Ah... but the rest of the park still has all those rugged granite outcroppings and cliffs
Could resist this perfect sun placement - It felt like a Druid moment!
Yep - I of course never rode it but the hard core riders I knew did! Yikes!
Ages ago I did ride down this (hugging the cliffs) but sadly its all overgrown now

No comments:

Post a Comment