Sunday, February 5, 2017

Blue/Red/Yellow Trails (Wooster Trails)

Something felt wrong about my hike yesterday when I tried to map it. The Green/Orange trail trek just didn't seem to match the map and I was curious about the other trail I saw shoot off to the west near the bottom of the long descent. I was so curious that I had to return the next day and resolve the mystery!

I hopped into the park the same way as yesterday, parking off Route 7 and waited for the traffic light to cross over.

Blue Trail

I turned off at the intersection of the trail near the bottom that piqued my curiosity yesterday. It was blazed Blue.
Its a wonderful trail...
At the intersection 

Red Trail

At the next intersection, I took a right and hiked the Red Loop (MapMyRide GPS). This loop was a really nice tech feature-filled trail for riders...

Panorama of the area
(click to enlarge)

Yellow Trail

The Loop took me back to within 15 ft of the first intersection and I then continued up hill on the Yellow.
At this spot, there was a pretty step and crazy downhill trail that crossed over the trail. I stayed straight.
intersection
Further on, there is a short stretch that's pretty cool
Rocky Cut

Orange  Trail

Shortly--once around the corner--you meet up with the main Orange/Green Trail, but the intersection is hard to tell!
The intersection is not that clear...

While heading back down on this trail, I met another hiker who joined me for the trek down. It was nice meeting someone who enjoyed the hike as well.


Old Carriage Road

Once near the bottom, I remembered this remnant of a carriage road from my trek yesterday and I snapped a photo.

Blaze Summation

Well I---more or less--satisfied my curiosity re the trail blazes on Wooster Mountain (at least south of Ives Trail). Although there is missing data still: "exactly where the Orange/Green trail turns into just Green?" If I recall, on Saturday I saw a trail veer off to the north while descending but I failed to note it today (too busy blabbing!)... but I'll be back to continue my "research". It's a great park!


No comments:

Post a Comment