Saturday, February 22, 2020

Farrigntons - Lawnmower...

I went back again to Farrringtons today to add a couple of connector trails to the GPS map (not yet added ) and check out the trails in the north part of the park,

The weather was mostly sunny but erratic -- sometimes very cold, sometimes much warmer. Along the long way up, this strange looking dead tree remnant caught my eye.
Once over the last hill and by Farringtons Pond, the carriage road goes right to the road but word has that it you should stay away from this entrance as the local homeowners do NOT like it being used.
 The back loop is known as Lawnmower and sure enough, at the far eastern point of the loop, there's an old rusty lawnmower!

I am always fascinated by finding old remnants of roads in the woods and they weren't too hard to spot. The gully inside of the back loop had a couple that I noticed.
 Although I wanted to explore more of the park, it was getting late so I headed back out on the main carriage road, passing Farringtons Pond once more...
...and descending quickly down the old road (too bad this photo came out a little blurred - it was beautiful at this moment).

1 comment: