Friday, July 23, 2021

NIke Missile Site

I was curious about the former Nike Missile Site some biker friends told me about so I rode in to check it out. It was a long, tough rock strewn climb to get there. 

At this spot I dismounted and gingerly walked my bike over the rocks!
Once I emerged from the woods, it was an easy and fast bomb down the hill underneath the huge power lines...
Yes that's Hartford...
Closeup shows the Hartford Skyline

At the Site

Once I got to the site - it was hardly worth the long and arduous trek to get here... Nevertheless, it was cool to see and it brought back a chilling reminder of how life was really on the brink during the Cold War.
Aerial view

I finally bombed down this abandoned road and decided to high tail it out of there by going all the way to the bottom once back on the power line gravel and ...
ride back up Line Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment