Sunday, August 1, 2021

Charter Oak Greenway - Part 2

I had a mission - to ride the western section of the Charter Oak Greenway! Back in April, I rode the Greenway eastward from the Charter Oak Park but today I wanted to explore the section west of the park. I knew it wouldn't be that enticing--it's just a 8ft wide slice of asphalt that generally parallels a busy super highway--but nevertheless--it was on my bucket list.

After an unexpected visit to the Manchester car show, I of course had to play the musical instruments a bit before debarking westward from the lovely Charter Oak Park.

As I was riding, I discovered a garden railway along Hartford Road! :-)
-Short One-handed video-
this is the section north of I-384

This was the nicest section of the ride (by the Manchester Community college)
Once I could see Hartford in the distance, I turned around and headed back. The Blue dot on the AllTrails map below indicates my location where I snapped the photo and then turned back.
See the skyline?

There's a spur north to Wickham Park that I will have to ride at some point as well...
Manchester Community College looked almost sci-fi surreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment