Thursday, December 29, 2022

Remnants of Country Club Road

Today I continued on my old road sleuthing project and checked out the remnants of Country Club Road. There are now two dead-end paved sections because apparently around 1972, the town decided to abandon the middle section of the road and now its just a washed out mess but interesting nonetheless.

Location
1869 mpap

I walked in from the country club side and headed west...

Its pretty much impassable now - even by mountain bike but its still clearly defined with rocks lining the edges in spots.
Once at the other end of the washed out remnant I turned around
Crude 4-photo panorama...
The sunlight on the way back was nice...
Off to the side was a boulder "garden" - glacial erratics - a vivid reminder of the mighty ice age

I then ventured over to the Hollister-Whitehouse Preserve...

Further Info

Country Club Road (Hollister Road)

No comments:

Post a Comment