Monday, June 24, 2024

After 8 Years - Big River Revisited

It was 8 years ago that I rode this park - my.. my... time has flown! I had fond memories of this place -  lots of trails, abandoned structures and damsmhere and there and no serious climbs!

Its an enormous park (over 8,600 acres!) and I was psyched and thought I would enter in a new way - starting from the western lot and hitting the easy greens until I got down to the Tarbox Pond area.Well everywhere it was overgrown and buggy - as a matter fact long stretches of the trail were just flowing rivulets and huge puddles.
To make matters worse, I unexpectedly hit a rock and got scraped.
Overgrown and the wet branches slapped you in the face!

But there were spots of amazing beauty as well!
After bushwhacking thru a swampy trail not on TrailForks...


 ...I rode back to the access road and tried riding Logs. It looks nice here but further on, it was one continuous puddle.

Bummer!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment