Monday, September 29, 2014

The Alplaus Kill is Beautiful!

[ Yeah it's not mountain biking  - but it belongs here considering it was a trek with my son...]

My son and I took a quick jaunt down to the Creek near my parents house on Sunday. We found a new trail carved out by an ATV and hiked south for a good while. I used to come down here as a kid but the trails at that time led north towards Little Troy. This hike was great because it was mostly "new territory" for me.
My son's butt! He's climbing a tree...
Picture Perfect!
Another Postcard ready photo!
A small tributary
We took our chances on following some ATV tracks that led away from the stream and into the woods. I had a feeling they would eventually loop back to near where we started.

Well I was right but there was a few very swampy sections that felt like quicksand!

Nevertheless it was great fun being back out in my childhood stomping ground sharing an adventure with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment