Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mianus - Bike It? Nope - Hike It

I finally got my full suspension bike back from the shop on Friday and I was jonesin' for a ride. The bike has been in the shop since August - before I went to Vermont!!!

I didn't expect much in the way of good riding but I thought the fire roads at Mianus would be decent.... WRONG!! It was ice melt and slush and a total bummer to ride. I lasted a couple of hundred feet and turned around.  I went for a hike instead.

I hiked the Treetops Loop (Riverwalk, Indian Rock and Laurel) and didn't encounter a soul until the last stretch out on the Fire Road. It was slippery but navigable but the cloudy grayness of the day made it a bit dull.  Fortunately, having a FitBit kept me motived :-) Steps... Get more Steps was the mantra for today...




Spring Melt - The River was flowing fast and hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment