Saturday, March 21, 2015

Snowshoeing at Wilton and Trumbull

Six inches of snow on the 2nd day of spring! Yikes! I went snowshoeing instead (altho' I was jonesin' to bike).

Wilton Woods

I went in from the north parking lot I and hiked on the Blue south to the Red. I got a little disoriented on the Red when I could no longer find the blazes and I ended up on the White. I came back via the Yellow.

 
Virgin Snow!
Looks like candy...
Bizzarre Tree "Wart"
On my return - the de-viginized view :-)
The sun was out now as well...

Trumbull (Pequonnock Valley)

After a Meatball Grinder for lunch at Giove's Pizza Kitchen, I parked at the Dog Park and snowshoed in on the Red. Once on the Red, there were ample signs that the Fat Bikes had already blazed the trails in the morning. The melt was already starting and the tread was getting mushy and water often dripped from the trees.

I snowshoed thru the Central Maze and came back via the Yellow  - the slab rock trail thru the hemlocks. I didn't see a soul except for one trail runner.
Fat Bikes preceded me...
Snow Berm!
Ther'es always a special vibe here! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment