Saturday, September 5, 2015

Schenectady Central Park (visit #2)

On Saturday, I was back  "in the neighborhood" and returned to Schenectady Central Park to finish the map.

This time I was joined by my nephew Andrew who is an excellent rider (and patient and polite when I pooped out on loop three!)

Loop1

We first rode the trails south of the stream - which I GPSed to finish the map. They were great trails with up and downs, tight switchbacks and a few log up and overs. A couple of sections closely paralleled the fences of baseball fields - it was a fun trek...
Loop1
Andrew by the stream

Loop 2

We then hit the main loop going clockwise -- it was getting hot but really not too bad for a summer day.
Loop 2

Loop 3

Lastly we finished off the ride by completing the 3rd loop. I was pretty tired at this point and choked on a bunch of the hills, etc. There are some tech sections and super tight switchbacks which are doable if you aren't already bushed!


Somewhere along the way I got bashed by my chainring but I didn't even realized it until I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment