Saturday, October 10, 2015

Quick Hits at Luther and Colonie

I was upstate for the weekend to visit my parents and popped out for a couple of quick hits on my mountain bike.

Luther Forest

Man it was chilly to start off - I almost wish I had full fingered gloves but after about 20 minutes or so it started to warm up. My morning ride took exactly one hour - I rode the whole park. Also had the good fortune of seeing a deer. She whizzed by in front of me on one of the ravine trails. :-)
At the start of the bowl
The trails along the ravine are easy but squeezing thru the trees keeps it always fun :-)

Colonie Shale Trail

I did a 40 minute quickie over at Colonie mid afternoon. The weather still was a bit chilly but the riding was fun. The three panoramas below are two-photo combos.
Pasta Loop starts on the right (Note trail sign on tree)
After the Pasta Loop, the Yellow Trail skirts along the edge of the encroaching new development 
This is at the old east entrance - you can still exit out this way from the Yellow Trail.
There are trail signs on the trees in green indicating this as the exit trail.
If you look closely in the photo you can see the old entrance.

Tradition

A Stewarts Mountain Brew - I am at the7 Rt 9 Mohawk River Crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment