Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Snake (Trumbull Late Afternoon)

Didn't get out to the park until after 2 pm but I still had a nice ride. The weather was a typical cool sunny autumn day and the park was pretty empty (most folks go in the morning when the light is better).

I went in from Daniels Farm (south end) for a change and rode the Blue/White.  Just north of the Serengeti--by the climb up to the "old overlook"--I saw a snake.
I  rode on and at the North Bridge I stopped to take a photo - she looked beautiful in the late afternoon sun.:-)

I continued my ride along the river and went up to the Playground passing the old rusty car chassis. From the Playground, I took the Red and once past Copper Creek, the back trails of the Central Maze swinging over to the Yellow once I came to the circle at LFR. I saw a couple of large white-tailed deer on the next stretch -the Yellow to the Red at the FireRoad.

Riding down the Red to the bottom of the chute was a blast--I forget how much of a descent it really was. Here I veered off towards the Yellow by taking the trail that parallels the FireRoad. I then stayed on the Yellow the whole way back, shamelessly walking most of Mulholland Drive (I am getting old!)

It was a nice ride and so good to take a route I seldom go!

No comments:

Post a Comment