Sunday, August 28, 2016

Trapp Family Trails


The Lower Trails

On Sunday, I rode the lower trails in the early morning, starting with a quick bomb on the easy Greenway (which was closed halfway so I guess the cows could graze!), then I rode Stepping Stones, the Aither trail and Chuck's Corkscrew in both directions. Great trails - especially when ridden fast :-)

For the rest of the morning, I went out for a hike with my sister over at Waterbury to check out the abandoned settlement there.

In the mid afternoon, I hit the lower trails again, this time also riding the Sleigh Road to get over to the brewery area. That has a huge descent/climb but it got me to the top section of Pipeline which I rode all the way up to the road. Someday--if I am brave (or crazy)--I  will attempt the full descent to the High School but a car waiting for me at the bottom would be a necessity!

Basic Trail map of the area
This is a map form last year...
Small waterfalls off Sleigh Trail

Lodge Spur, Luce Hill and Tapline

Monday Morning, I climbed up Lodge Spur, rode ALL of Tapline and on return, did the Luce Hill Loop. 
Descending Tapline and riding Luce Hill Loop

Tapline and Luce Hill Loop

Descending Lodge Spur
Lodge Spur
Certain sections had a lot of lines wrapped around trees - Maple Syrup in the fall!
Tapline!
Upper Tapline was tough! The switchbacks were very tight and after he climb for one stretch of about 5 switchbacks I was winded. (But of course the way back down was crazy!)
Upper Tapline
Yikes! this was tough - many tight switchbacks
My destination was a new trail called Growler that continued up the mountain. Bummer - I couldn't find where Growler started so I headed back :-( (I found out later it required a ride up further on either of the Parizo Trails)

Took a spill on Luce Hill Loop...
Oops!
All in all, I had some great rides and these trails are wonderful...

No comments:

Post a Comment