Saturday, March 4, 2017

More Wooster Mountain Trails

Having a bad cough (Still!) and knowing it was really cold and windy outside - I opted to put on my down jacket and return to Wooster for more trail exploration on foot. I went in from the east entrance of the Ives Trail (like last time). My goal was to GPS more Wooster Mountain trails.

The Red Trail

I first proceeded up the Ives trail, past the two Green intersections and the White intersection and turned north on the Red Trail. The Red is a marvelous XC trail that I am looking forward to ride.
The Red Trail turnoff from Ives
Scenic!
There are some green blazes here but it looks like this trail has been abandoned
(It crossed perpendicular)
At the curve ahead is where the White intersects
At the back of park the Red intersects the White -|
 although the White in this direction does not look to be very popular…

The Yellow Trail

At the next intersection, the White continued on straight ahead and the main trail turns uphill and is blazed Yellow.
Right after this, the Yellow turns into a long and steep climb

The Ridge Trail

At the top of the hill, there's a four-way intersection. I choose to head to the left on an unblazed trail.
To the left is a short tech loop, I headed right
Looking back, it appears the main trail connects here
At the intersection, looking back to the side trail I just took
Never-ending rocky awesomeness!
As the photos above demonstrate  - this is an awesome trail - rocky terrain features galore!

Next I arrived at the intersection that I had traversed before (photo 2 and 3 are looking back).
I GPSd the short "top of the mountain" loop and then finally reconnected with the Ives. After I trek down the hill eastward, I turned left on the White and made my way to "new" trail I traversed and photographed back on Jan 28th ("Biker's Delight").

The "New Trail" 

Near the end, you get this lovely view overlooking Bennetts Pond.
Bennetts Pond

Green Side Trail

Lastly, I headed back up the fire road and veered off the GPS this side trail blazed Green. I had explored this on my 2-4 trek as well. It basically dissipates into nothing in the ravine although ahead I saw another Green blaze (2nd pic in the distance). It is not used and totally leaf covered...



No comments:

Post a Comment