Saturday, August 1, 2020

Double Header for the Old Man

I got off to an early start and got to the park a little before nine. It could have been earlier but I stopped for a bacon, egg and cheese at Bruegger's Bagels and it sucked! The damn thing took over 12 minutes to cool off enough just to grab without scalding myself - never again!!

For a while it was cool and a pleasant ride but it heated up pretty fast and within an hour or so it was like a sauna in the forest. For variety, I went to some unusual spots today.

After checking on the shifting boardwalk...
I rode out into the swamp land...
...circled back to where the old bridge was. The lush greenness of the area in the morning light made everything look gorgeous!

A bit later I wandered down to the ford crossing and checked the remnants of the old waterworks, I believe there was a dam here ages ago and this was part of the sluice. I documented this way back in 2015,
The river was beautiful looking either way!

After riding a bit more all over the park, I revisited the old car wreck. Each year it disintegrates more and more...
Despite being ridiculously tired and sweaty, I decided to head over to Shelton  to ride some more. That's an easier park to ride and I really didn't want to head home yet...

My adventures at Shelton Lakes >

No comments:

Post a Comment