Thursday, August 10, 2023

Old Man rides Case Mtn

Today's goal was basically to ride down Joy 2019 which I rode up back on July 8th.

I parked at the lot on Birch Mountain Road and found out very quickly that it was still freakin' too humid and... 

...it was a wicked the descent into the first valley <sigh>.

Once I got on to Joy 2019 it was of course a blast as it was a not-stop descent where it felt like I almost never had to pedal! When I got to the big rock where I could see the parallel Fern Trail, I decided to check it out and head back up on the Fern Trail.
At times I felt like I was in Tolkien's Middle Earth as the lush vegetation and wild rock features seemed almost otherworldly! I rode up most of it but truth be told -- this old man walked a few of the steeper rock-feature sections.
Once to the summit, I decided to head back to the car the easy way via the powerline trail.

I must confess, at nearly 70 years old I am thinking about the advantages of an electric assist bike - if only I could afford one!


No comments:

Post a Comment