Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Ride at Peter's Rock - Wow!

 It was a beautiful warm and sunny day so I drove down to North Haven to check out Peter's Rock. What a great park! I did the full loop and loved the ride. There were plenty of long uphills but they were always doable with strategically-designed switchbacks. And the subsequent long downhills were amazing - with plenty of berms cuz you were flyin'!

-Up-
Round and Round
Fugazi 
Funky Boss
White Rabbit

-Down-
Blue Cheer
Even Flow

I took very few photos because the flow was great and I didn't want to stop to ruin the fun!

Fugazi had a couple of rock ridges - I nailed the first one but I didn't expect a second one and choked on it :-(
There were lots of berms - I guess high speed was encouraged!
There were also lots of stunts--the big ones I didn't attempt--and this log up and over--which I think was just recently felled--I also avoided.
With one inch clearance on each side -  my wide handlebars cautioned me to walk it this first time!
But there was clear signage throughout and with my Trailforks Map it was easy not to get lost...
All in all it was a great ride and kudos to the trailbuilders who have created a great trail system!

I flew down Even Flow on my return to the car - it was amazing! Maybe next time, I'll exit via Pipeline :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment