Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Old Road Beckoned...

After yesterday's hike and visual confirmation of the old road, I decided to go back and visit the west  side of the stream and look for the crossing. 

Green Rectangle is enlarged below
I parked at the med center at the end of Nye Road and bushwhacked thru the woods
The first thing I came to was an old ATV trail
I crossed the phone/power line clearing and bushwhacked thru more woods eventually finding the old road
After hiking back westward out to the clearing again- I started eastward on the old road
It was a gully
and there was another old road parallel to it, just a bit to the south
Looking back westward you can see how the two roads converged
I gingerly made it across the stream on the stones...
then hiked a bit more on another road remnant...
and found the old road gully. Here's a photo looking eastward of the old road on the eastside of the stream
Sure enough I found the actual old crossing, and photographed the stone abutments - how cool!
Parting shot of the streambed looking south

No comments:

Post a Comment