Sunday, August 2, 2015

Trumbull Sunday Morning Quickie

It was a beautiful day - not too muggy for a change. At around 9:15 AM, I  waltzed into the Whitney north lot and found it completely full. My first reaction was to go park in the lot up by dog area but there were signs even there now stating a Trumbull parking pass was needed. Bah Humbug!! Rather than risk a ticket, I parked right off of Whitney Ave on Riverside Dr.
It was actually a treat as I never really saw this beautiful view before right next to where I parked. (Note park bench!)
As a fun warm up, I first rode up to the area just north of Rt 25 and rode the loops there...
Next, I rode in the usual way from Whitney, crossing over the river on the North Bridge and today, heading south on the Blue along the river.

At the start of the Serengeti, I GPSed a section of the trail as I want to tweak the GPS data for the stretch on the full page Google map I did a while ago. (Once that data is added, I will change the date on the legend)
A word of caution to folks who take the trail along the billboard cliffs. The fallen tree is finally shedding the dirt at it roots and a strange blob of dirt, roots and branches blocks the trail.
Right after I passed over the blockage, I stopped to converse with another biker named Bernard from Portugal.  We had a nice talk and then I rode on, staying on the White/Blue trail, and ascending to the Red connection with the White near the south end.

Once I got on the Red Trail,  I ran into "Red" -- who I hadn't seen in quite a while. He invited me to ride up a bit more to see the freerider crew (Brian, Heather, etc.) but I opted to stay lower and stopped shortly thereafter at the spot right where the Yellow branches off to Mulholland Drive for a breather.
Next I rode down the Red and hit the Berms we recently built. Holy Smoly!! I was flying without even trying to go fast. No Pics as I was impossible to stop (It would spoil the flow!!!)

Heading north on the Yellow and then the White (once past the Serengeti) I decided to stop and take a quick 360 of the Tall Pines Area. The sun was out real nice and it looked beautiful. Sadly the video was a bit rushed and it's always hard to capture the ambiance of actually being there "in the midst of it" at that moment in time...

Tall Pines Area
 (I am situated right in between Green Monster (a.k./a. The Wall ) and Turtle Rock...
Sadly I felt a little bushed (it was getting hot and the the air was heavy without a breeze) so I opted to high tail it outta there.

A final stop at the North bridge - reveals just how sturdy it continues to be many thanks to the trail gnomes who added the steel beam underneath.

Trumbull never fails - it is always awesome: any time... any day... any season!

No comments:

Post a Comment