Saturday, November 28, 2015

High Mills Falls and Sanders Preserve

I was in upstate NY for Thanksgiving. It was too crappy a day to mountain bike so I took a couple of local treks. 


High Mills Falls

The Falls apparently referred to as "Buttermilk Falls" behind the Pig and Whistle in High Mills (Burnt Hills NY)




Sanders Preserve

First time over a Sanders Preserve in the Glenville Hills.

 I hiked in to Zone 3 and wandered off the main trail to check out the mini waterfall and gorge. It was great!

The main trail was leaf blown and super easy to follow

The hardly discernible path leads down to the waterfall
Its a nice little spot in a spectacular rocky gorge
Spectacular rocky gorge
After viewing the gorge, I hiked back up to the main trail and then I hiked all the way down to the small park bench overlook but my camera batteries ran out so I headed back the same way.

This is a nice place - I will return!

No comments:

Post a Comment