Sunday, September 25, 2022

Power Line Hike

I told myself for the last couple of weeks that I should hike the power line road nearby on a cloudy day. Well today was cloudy so I did it!

This kept me going! :-)
Oops - I assumed there would be a bridge or sensible way across this stream but no! The overgrowth on each side of the pseudo road was thick and 4 plus feet tall so I had to wade thru over 2 1/2 feet of water... Yikes!
Bur I was rewarded once I crossed the stream. Instead of heading straight to Coldbrook Road as intended - I found a new trail off to the right which eventually led along the stream - it was very picturesque :-)

I think this is where It is possible to cross the stream without getting your feet wet :-)
Oops - a dead end!! Oh well... I turned around a backtracked - this time GPSing the trail
Once I re-emerged onto the powerline trail clearing, I had a nice glimpse of the descent I had taken earlier...
Next time I will check out the section south of Coldbrook Road!
From whence I came!


No comments:

Post a Comment